POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paysage : Re: Paysage Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paysage
From: Ken
Date: 21 Mar 1999 13:44:52
Message: <36F53D42.4E6FEF82@pacbell.net>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> I meant to say, afterthought actually, that using a post-process, like
> digitally painting a shoreline, isn't exactly treason you all know I
> hope. I myself have done touch-ups now and then, however usually on
> scales of a mere dozens of pixels. All out painting onto a render isn't
> going to break a law anyway, except maybe the law of art ;] since I
> realize many of us 3D modeller/raytracer/renderer people can be clumsy
> oafs with a paintbrush. Nothing personal, just summing up what I've
> heard people say about themselves.

  Real pov snobs would never admit to touching up one of their images.
It just isn't someting you say in public without risking rejection by
ones peers. That is unless of course the effect you produce is so
completely astonishing that they can overlook it to find out how you
accomplished it.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net