POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Where are my caustics gone?? : Re: Where are my caustics gone?? Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are my caustics gone??
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 20 Mar 1999 23:35:34
Message: <36F476B6.E1624BB3@Kopp.com>
To save memory when storing the flux (amount of light) in each photon, I use
only four bytes.  This does impose some limits on the range of intensities.
You've probably hit the bottom of that range... when you have that many
photons, each carrys very little energy.  In the next version I'll probably
let the user select the range they want for their scene... in this version
it is hard-coded... I tried to choose a good range, so most scenes should
work.

-Nathan