POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : The co-ordinate system : Re: The co-ordinate system Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The co-ordinate system
From: Ken
Date: 20 Mar 1999 05:38:02
Message: <36F3797D.D674B82D@pacbell.net>
Steve wrote:

> There's a very good tip in the FAQ somewhere. It suggests that you can declare
> meters, millimeters, kilometers, feet , inches, whatever so that you have a
> sense of scale and you know what the sizes and distances are in your scene.
> Then you just use meters instead of POV-units.

  I personaly don't care for that system because of all of the extra
typing involved but if you are interested in this sort of thing then
Sonya Roberts already has a predefined Include file available so you
don't have to go though and make all of the declarations yourself.
I have never looked at it but I think I heard that it is written for
both the American standard and European metric measurement systems.

It is available at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1022/menu2.htm

If you can't find it there try the povabilities articles at:
http://www.spake.org/rtimes/

which should also have a copy since it is used heavely in the
online tutorial there.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net