POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : gettysburg : Re: gettysburg Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gettysburg
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Mar 1999 03:07:43
Message: <36F3572A.95BEFE1D@aol.com>
This is very curious to me.
I'm not trying to be critical, just observant, please bear in mind.
I see a strange realism in this. And yet, obviously the quille pen is
far too small and the watch far to big comparitively (or so it appears,
read disclaimer above). Don't know what it is, maybe the writing? Makes
it look oddly real. And I'm saying all this because the pen itself is so
out-of-place in my eyes, however it too attains this almost surreal
reality to it. I'm stunned in a way. Think it has something to do with
the fact I think of the pen as being very unlike the one I have right
here (yes, I do. Ink as well) but I see it laying there like a real
object none-the-less. This was interesting to see. The watch really
helps the illusion of course, though I'm not sure why so well.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe