POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : The co-ordinate system : Re: The co-ordinate system Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The co-ordinate system
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 Mar 1999 02:45:42
Message: <36F3522B.BA05F8A4@aol.com>
The 'text' object can be setup easier now thanks to a few brave souls
who've made include files to help in just such a thing. Search the
povray.text.scene-files or povray.binaries.scene-files or maybe
povray.utilities for "text" or maybe "text placement" and you might find
something. Or better yet someone who really knows exactly where to get
it will show up here.
The other aspect to object placements in general is pretty much going to
be trial and error, as you said, regardless; since this is usually
positioning things according to a master plan you make. Which is what
scene building is all about.
I believe there may be a few utilities out there to help in primitive
placement relative to another so there's hope.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe