POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Photon patch : Re: Photon patch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photon patch
From: Mike
Date: 20 Mar 1999 01:27:45
Message: <36F33E6E.7DD052F7@aol.com>
Most of the simple scenes I've done have only taken a minute or two to
render, and maybe 10 to 20 minutes for a 640x480 renderer using AA.  The
animation I posted of the fish only took about 3 minutes per frame.

I kind of let the render time influence what I put in the scene.  I
might turn off either refraction or reflection to speed things up, or
break up unions so I get a more precise distribution of photons.  Under
good conditions the photon mapping is quite fast.

-Mike