POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Include an image into a scene : Re: Include an image into a scene Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Include an image into a scene
From: Ken
Date: 18 Mar 1999 13:41:41
Message: <36F1480F.560FFAEF@pacbell.net>
Daniel Marthaler wrote:

> Hi,
> is it possible to include an image into a scene in povray?
> For example, if I had some kind of a company logo, I would like to put it on
> a polygon and apply something like a sine_wave. In combination with an
> animation, a waveing flag could be created (i found this in the tutorial of
> the povray documentation - Title: "The Phase Keyword).
> Additional question: how can the edges of the flag be made waveing? (not
> just the textture).
>
> Thanks for any help and/or hints where to find additional documentation on
> this topic.
>
> Daniel

  I am pretty sure that somewhere on this server is the source code
for an animated flag. It will be in either povray:

 .animations, .binaries.animations, .scene-files, or .binaries.scene-files.

I downloaded it once but can't find it on my drives here and don't recall
the author. A little persistant searching should uncover it though.
It was definitely well worth looking at.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net