POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Reflection colors : Reflection colors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:29:00 EDT (-0400)
  Reflection colors
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 17 Mar 1999 10:49:09
Message: <36EFCEA9.C62E9913@Kopp.com>
Ok... if you want to reflect red, you use
  reflection <1,0,0>

But what if you want to reflect a complex pattern???  Since "finish"
cannot currently be patterened, this is not possible.

But think about this.  If you specify the 'metallic' keyword, the highlights on
your objects will take on the color of the object's pigment.  A highlight is
basically a faked blurry reflection of the light source, right?  So, doesn't it
make sence that if you specify 'metallic', all reflection should take on the
color of the pigment?  Ok, so maybe that would be too drastic and would break
too many scenes. But how about this:  a 'metallic_reflection' flag that would
make reflections reflect the color of the pigment.  Thoughts?

I'll probably implement this in the next version of UVPov (photon mapping
patch), but I do want to hear your comments.

-Nathan