POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First photon-mapping attempt... : Re: First photon-mapping attempt... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First photon-mapping attempt...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 16 Mar 1999 16:43:25
Message: <36EED07B.C3D16170@aol.com>
Simple can look so good. Very clean.
Yep, the max_trace_level needs to be high enough for transparent objects
especially when reflection is used, dependant on the number of surface
faces too (inter-reflection). The amount used in this isn't really
enough to warrant use of the caustics of photon map reflection, I would
think, anyway.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe