POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My photon mapping experiments : Re: My photon mapping experiments Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:12:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My photon mapping experiments
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 15 Mar 1999 23:26:26
Message: <36EDDD29.B82BDA76@Kopp.com>
When I said 'higher density', I meant 'more photons' (meaning a lower
number for following the 'density' keyword).

If you go to higher density, also use a proportionately smaller gather
radius (maybe multiply both density and gather radius by 0.5).

130k photons is not that many when they contribute so much to the scene.

-Nathan