POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guess what? Photons ! (86k+ jpg) : Guess what? Photons ! (86k+ jpg) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Guess what? Photons ! (86k+ jpg)
From: Spider
Date: 15 Mar 1999 22:49:46
Message: <36EDD31C.E260FC00@bahnhof.se>
I decided to try the old Spotlight/light-reflection thing.. that wich isn't
possible in raytracing, you know.

well, this is a simple scene. five lights, spotlights, pointing at five
reflective differenced spheres, pointing down at the floor. and at the floor,
five differenced Cylinders reflecting the light... I liked the effect.

differenced sphere ascii:

  /
/
|        \
|        *|
\        /
  \

* = lightsource

or something like that.

Well, I set the photon setting ridiculusly high on this, so I'd get enough
photons on the third/fourth reflection..

Some stats:
parse (photons) 0h 04m 40s
trace	 	1h 47m 33s

11 606 136 b of memory