POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My photon mapping experiments : Re: My photon mapping experiments Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:13:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My photon mapping experiments
From: Ken
Date: 15 Mar 1999 22:08:11
Message: <36EDCB93.B142B2A6@pacbell.net>
Shinzaho wrote:

> Bob Hughes <inv### [at] aolcom> wrote in article
> <36ED2462.67A857D5@aol.com>...
>
> > Have you tried out radiosity with this yet?
>
> I didn't try it with the glass pic since I didn't think radiosity would
> really contribute anything more to the scene.  However, I'll probably do a
> re-rendering of the reflections pic with radiosity on.  It'd probably help
> with the walls.

  In the past few days I have tried using radiosty with glass and reflective
objects with very poor results. The radiosity settings I have used so far
made the use of the function wash out the scene with too much color
intereaction. Every object in the scene took on the characteristics of the
objects around them. If you come up with some useful settings that work I
would appreciate it if you would post them so I can see where I am going
wrong. I have a scene I am working on that has maybe half the number of
glass objects your scene has but they are much larger and brighter in
appearence.

Thanks,

--
Ken Tyler