POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fatal Beauty : Re: Fatal Beauty - try this Server Time
4 Oct 2024 21:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fatal Beauty - try this
From: Ken
Date: 15 Mar 1999 21:56:16
Message: <36EDC8C9.E2050416@pacbell.net>
Ph Gibone wrote:

> >Could you be more specific (simplistic)? Windoze has nuked my files in this
> >manner before; what tools would you use to read the contents of individual
> >blocks?
> >
> >Margus
>
> There exists some commercial tools for that (Norton sells one certainly),
> but you can use DEBUG which is a DOS command that you find on your disk : it
> is not an easy one (its just like writing assembly code) and you have to
> know the adress of your file first. Honestly I haven't done this since years
> (I used PCTOOLS at that time)
>
> Philippe

  I used to use Norton utilities for this myself but that was when HD's
were only 10 - 20 megs and looking at the entire contents of the drive
were easy to visualy search through. At 1 gig or more that possibility has
long since passed away as an option. I don't have that much time on my
hands.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net