POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glass tree & blob : glass tree & blob Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:14:21 EDT (-0400)
  glass tree & blob
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 14 Mar 1999 22:57:36
Message: <36EC84CB.A579A278@Kopp.com>
Well, Spider mailed me his glass tree, so I played around with it and this
is what I got.  The photons from the tree itself are over-focused by
the time they get to the ground (to the point that they diverge and can't
really be seen).  The effect from the mirrors looks kind of cool, though.

The second picture is of a blob... somebody mentioned that blobs didn't
work with photons?  I beg to differ.  This is a modified version of the
blob.pov scene that comes with POV-Ray.  I've included the source, since
it is a good example of shooting-density / gather radius relative sizes.

-Nathan

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'glasstree2-uv.jpg' (48 KB) Download 'blob.jpg' (16 KB) Download 'blob.pov.txt' (2 KB)

Preview of image 'glasstree2-uv.jpg'
glasstree2-uv.jpg

Preview of image 'blob.jpg'
blob.jpg