POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : B/W rendering from POV-Ray *is* possible! : Re: More and more B&W (or: gamma revisited) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:16:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More and more B&W (or: gamma revisited)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 14 Mar 1999 06:26:56
Message: <36EB9CBD.5AD0F078@aol.com>
I converted your image to grayscale using Micrografx Picture Publisher
and it really shows the changes from one to the other. The "red shadow"
I mentioned before, I think this is actually a reddish hemisphere
instead, it obviously loses the dark to light shading it had in the
color image in your example. When the whole thing is converted via P.P.
it remains shaded properly as expected. And that color image with the
all-blue box at the spheres equator is a puzzle to me. It has no
shading, then in the macro-converted grayscale it does?! Strange. That's
what I was pointing out before.
So you think there are other conversion formulas possible? I see you
used the one in the POV-Ray DOC under hf_gray_16 output. Wonder why this
wouldn't already be right?

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV