POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GlassTree -photons [jpg 67k+] : Re: GlassTree -photons [jpg 67k+] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 15:15:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GlassTree -photons [jpg 67k+]
From: Spider
Date: 13 Mar 1999 16:13:51
Message: <36EAD37D.B59407D9@bahnhof.se>
Bob Hughes wrote:

> I'm rather surprised.
> The two comparison images look very much alike. You didn't state parse
> time in the first... do you mean that the 2nd image "renders" in much
> less time but parses a long while?
The first one had a parse time of 0(!) seconds.

> You seem to have very good caustics on that non-photon mapped image too.
> I like the image itself; those mirrors, if moved closer, or another
> camera angle to see into them better would be great. Love the floor too.
The floor is actually my favourite in the scene. once I get better settings I'll
use a more advanced tree(not much speed difference in normal pov) that looks
better. The mirrors are a test, to see what happens with coloured reflections,
and to see the tree from a different angle.

I'll change the angle of the mirrors(not as convex) and they'll look better.

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]