POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : We have here a Desk (GIF, ~18k) : Re: We have here a Desk (GIF, ~18k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: We have here a Desk (GIF, ~18k)
From: mdmdc0
Date: 13 Mar 1999 09:58:16
Message: <36EA7D0F.6E3AF480@postoffice2.bellatlantic.net>
Rick wrote:

> the textures are a bit dodgy, try moray's ballwood one for a good realistic
> wood,

Well, the darkwood is closer to my actual desk, but I'll check it out.

> put a white plain in below the desk, make the draw handles protrude
> less from the draws, and maybe angle the lamp slightly.

That's one of my problems; the lamp.  Needs to be played with.

> three words - detail, detail, detail
>
> also try the radioasity and AA (3x3 should do), oh an jpg are better than
> gifs!!

Reason I used GIF is cause when i converted it to JPG, it fuzzed out the
pattern on the desk.  That, plus the file is 4K larger in JPG (don't ask me
why).

> sorry if i sound negative, but I expect honest, and usefull critism of my
> work, and would not give any less.

Your criticism is most appreciated.  Thanks much!

> so far so good, look forward to seeing it finished.
>
> Rick

Michael