POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Bounding box? : Re: Bounding box? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bounding box?
From: Kyle
Date: 11 Mar 1999 21:46:33
Message: <36E87FE0.5E4C3D55@geocities.com>
I've been wondering the same thing.  This is my interpretation.... If
you put a bounding box around an object, when POV-Ray parses the scene,
it uses the boxes to determine if the enclosed object is visible in the
scene. If not, it will not include the object, thus reducing memory
consumption.  Like i said, I really don't know for sure so I wouldn't
trust a word of what I wrote above.  I'm curious to know what it is
exactly.
		Kyle