POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cognac Glass : Re: Cognac Glass Server Time
4 Oct 2024 23:17:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cognac Glass
From: Mike
Date: 11 Mar 1999 02:32:09
Message: <36E77E2D.482C759D@aol.com>
Thin will work.  I made the glass in Rhino because it makes smooth
curves and it fast to work with.  Making it thinner woulnd't be hard,
and the only reason I did the thickness is because I was going for
accuracy, which these caustics are!

Before this on I did a quick test with spatch using a thickness of one
patch and it looked great too.  That first test actually has neat
caustics because I had the light at a different distance.  I can't wait
to do an animation with a moving light, since the caustics change with
distance!

It's just too cool. :)

-Mike