POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Counting the Chips. : Counting the Chips. Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Counting the Chips.
From: Steve
Date: 10 Mar 1999 06:37:50
Message: <36E65788.ACFF9392@ndirect.co.uk>
This is going to be part of a larger scene.  The abbacus looks better by
itself just as a close up.

I had some major problems with the chips, because I wasn't sure on what
orientation I was going to want them to have I made the whole object,
used a cylinder on each face of the chip in a difference to give the
indented effect and to put the chequered pattern in the middle of the
chip.  I decided that I wanted to be able to see the original colour of
the chip through the chequered pattern so filtered the pigments that
made up the chequered pattern and hey presto, a disaster.  When I do
this you can see right through the chip, as though there is none of the
original material in the object between the chequered patterns on each
side of the chip.

Any suggestions?

Steve[Image]

Post a reply to this message