POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : does MORAY export this correctly yet?? : Re: sorta long explanation... (was my MORAY/LAZY topic) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sorta long explanation... (was my MORAY/LAZY topic)
From: Dearmad
Date: 10 Mar 1999 01:58:59
Message: <36E61925.36865F79@europa.com>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Dearmad, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.
>
> > I've been able to program around a LOT of the little oddities MORAY does
> > when it outputs scriptfiles but this one was too much for me to think of
> > a way to let my program figure out where to replace the light so it
> > tracked correctly in a particularly nasty CSG set that goes about 7
> > levels deep (due to joint needing to bend a certain way).
> Yes, and there is no way round it, because the information just where
> that light is located in the object hierarchy is not exported.
>
> Now if you were using the plugin interface added in Moray V3.1 you'd
> be able to completely integrate Tweener into Moray......<g>

you know...?  this might be something to consider -dionnnnngggggggg-
<bells going off>

hm... well I'm committed to finishing my little cartoon project and
nearing the halfway point, but when thta's over I was looking for an
excuse to do some more programming... and that might be a tres cool
thing to do... :o)

--
Stuff for POLYRAY, some raytraced images, and
DTA can be found at: