POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dune Buggies Revisited (71K - 1024x768) : Re: Dune Buggies Revisited (71K - 1024x768) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dune Buggies Revisited (71K - 1024x768)
From: Ken
Date: 9 Mar 1999 20:45:34
Message: <36E5CDE3.F83D5ED@pacbell.net>
Colorman (Kraxmel) wrote:

> Thanks a lot for the comments on the buggy modeling!  I sat down with a
> peice of graph paper and used my drafting skills from college, and built
> them based on some pics I found on the net.
>
> I also know bout them tires, and by the time I got this pic to where it is,
> I decided to let them go.  The buggies are eventually going on a race track
> that I plan to animate.
>
> Cman
>
> --

  It was intended as a fun exersize in what can be done to a torus
to make it more tire like in appearance.  I was quite pleased with
the grooved tire version. I now need to work on a mehtod of adding
angles to the groove and variations in the cut of the tire. Still need
to add the GoodYear tire logos as well.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net