POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV 3.1d slower?? : Re: POV 3.1d slower?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.1d slower??
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 9 Mar 1999 03:11:13
Message: <36E4D769.F66BDA0F@aol.com>
I've noticed faster renders using DOS versus Windows, on average about 8
minutes less per hour. But it is subjective to the scene file and the
machine setup I think, so if anything you might say Windows takes 105%
to 120% longer to render. The variances people see doesn't permit a firm
statement on it I believe. Suffice it to say Windows will probably
always be the slower.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV