POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : SOR weird effects : Re: SOR weird effects Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:21:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR weird effects
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 7 Mar 1999 23:53:09
Message: <36E3737C.D112EA19@ipa.net>
I have version 3.1d I think. If the d stands fo DOS.  I know what you mean about
having to go back to DOC .There's a lot to POV. I spend more time there than
anywhere. So I took the DOC apart stored it in a relative file and wrote a Qbasic
program to access it.I also made a front end to POV so I could veiw and edit the
files that came with it. I'm also working on a qbasic program that will help do
SOR, Lathe,and Prizm.
 As for the speed (I have 133 HZ) SOR is quick. That's how I was able to figure it
out so soon. A simple pitcure takes about a minute or less(more if sturm is used).
One thing I found out, if your points for the SOR are to far apart the slope of
the lines can cut the object in half. And I haven't had a fatal error yet!