POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : MDL to 3DS ? : Re: MDL to 3DS ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MDL to 3DS ?
From: Thomas Baier
Date: 8 Mar 1999 01:05:39
Message: <36E36937.8BE9720C@ibm.net>
Hi,

> I'm starting to develop DirectX games with Moray models. But for
> Direct3D I need *.3DS or *.X file format. I tried to convert Moray files
> to *.POB and then use 3DWin, but the POB program is too old and doesn't
> recognize many Moray features.

It would be simpler to use one of the cheap triangle modeller to produce x
or 3ds files.

Anyway, Moray is a solid modeller.It would be possible to convert all Moray
solids to triangles, but if you use CSG you may hit a big problem, because
you have to calculate CSG of triangle meshes.

One solution could be to use IRIT api to solve this problem. Just the
"povray.programming" people doing the job.

-tb