POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Molecular electron density using media : Re: Molecular electron density using media Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Molecular electron density using media
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 8 Mar 1999 01:01:26
Message: <36E36776.663C6A4F@aol.com>
I got 2 min 19 sec for a 160x120 res rendering as is.
I changed the variance to 1/100 and confidence to 0.9 and got a 38 sec.
render, or almost 1/4 the time.
Not much noticeable difference in appearance I think.
And dropping intervals and samples down is like lightning speed by
comparison if you are into the media grain sort of thing ;)
'intervals' is the major speed factor next to the minimum samples
number. As long as these two stay low, ie. intervals 5 samples
1,whatever then your okay. But you'll certainly have that peppered look!
Actually the samples maximum makes little difference in speed.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV