POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The REAL new millennium... : Re: The REAL new millennium... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:18:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The REAL new millennium...
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Mar 1999 20:32:34
Message: <36E32879.8E78F7AB@aol.com>
Umm... there is no year 0 A.D. ;]
Reason the year 2001 is actually 2000 years since year 1. And no, second
1 of minute 1 of hour 1 of day 1 of year 1 does not have a whole zero
year hiding in there somewhere. Goes immediately to year 1 B.C.
according to Greg. Let's blame him if anyone.
You do realize that zeroes weren't even in use in the ancient
civilization, right? Invented by mathematicians I believe. Okay, let's
blame them instead.
Oh, and Happy New Year 2000! just in case I miss it later.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV