POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The REAL new millennium... : Re: The REAL new millennium... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The REAL new millennium...
From: Ken
Date: 7 Mar 1999 05:36:41
Message: <36E25607.7CDDFF8F@pacbell.net>
Johannes Hubert wrote:

> Dave Helfrich wrote in message <36e228a1.0@news.povray.org>...
> [snip]
> >What do you all think?

< snipped a bunch of the good stuff >

 and then try to convince people that the new millenium
> actually starts on January 18th, 2004 (or was it November 12th, 1998 and we
> all missed it, or... 8-0 )
>
> So long,
> Johannes.

  Regardless of the technicalities (if they even have a basis in fact) when
the date changes one more time to January 1, 2000 years of human history
will have passed and that is a miracle unto itself. Rationalization enough
to warrant the celebration. Come to think of it 2000 years of human history
just passed while I was composing this message. It's party time right now.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net