POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My contribution to watch collection [83k] : Re: My contribution to watch collection [83k] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My contribution to watch collection [83k]
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 7 Mar 1999 03:15:17
Message: <36E23553.31FCF0EA@aol.com>
I'd agree with both Margus and Fabien... but I don't ;]
The gold-tone metal looks pretty much like that metal alloy you see
these days, softish quality. If anything you might want to try
bump_mapping those black numbers and marks though. Concave with a bit of
specular highlight, which would require a gray to black (outer gray,
inner black) coloring for the numbers and marks in the image used. Don't
know what your working with there though, seeing it is a Rhino model.
Maybe a relection .1 coupled with reflection_exponent .5 or some such
could make for a good finish on the bezel too. All up to you of course.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV