POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : His bear, my fur (90 K) : Re: His bear, my fur (90 K) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:17:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: His bear, my fur (90 K)
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 6 Mar 1999 20:44:10
Message: <36E1DA3E.44410F86@virginia.edu>
I'd be happy to work with you on it.  Actually I have a few ideas.. the
first being to add a "culling" keyword (ie you know there is a mirror
somewhere, so you need all the hair) or perhaps to give the vector to
the mirror and calculate off of both.  The other is to add a margin to
the occlusion formula.  Don't occlude EXACTLY at the point where the
point is no longer visible..occlude 5 degrees further or some such.

Steve
(of course I still need to dl the super patch)