POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : SOR weird effects : Re: SOR weird effects Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:23:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SOR weird effects
From: Leroy Whetstone
Date: 6 Mar 1999 16:46:42
Message: <36E1BE0D.8502BFF7@ipa.net>
Thanks that helped! My documentation (ms-dos vertion) says OPEN would remove
the end CAPS .But
with you help I found that open only affects the lower end and you have to
close the high end yourself.
Even so 'sturm' has to be use on some complicated objects.
 Here what I think is the basic setup.
sor { 5
        <0,0>//  p1 slope for p2 & p3
        <0.2,0.3>// p2 without open this will be close to point <0,.3>
        <0.6,0.7>// p3
        <0,1>// p4 this is the point that you have to close yourself
        <0,1> // p5 this is the last slope and effects p4 and p3
  //sturm //open
    pigment {rgb 1}
 }