POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A thousand pardons... : Thanks. Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Thanks.
From: Anthony Bennett
Date: 6 Mar 1999 14:44:54
Message: <36E1876A.D7CDF3B6@panama.phoenix.net>
OK. Let me explain. I *want* it to be dark. A dungeon to me shouldn't be a happy,
lighted place. This is just IMHO. I used that camera angle so you could see the
staircases, second and first level, and the pool. It isn't the angle I really
want to shoot at. It's just to you could see everything at once. The noise is
probably from this texture (I have no idea why I used this. Can it be made to
render faster and look the same?):

#declare My_Stone =
texture
{
 pigment {granite color_map {[0 rgb .3][1 rgb .7]}}
 normal {granite .75}
 scale .075                         //<--- Note
}
texture
{
 pigment
 {
  wrinkles turbulence .3 scale .3
  color_map
  {
   [0 rgbf <.50,.25,.1,.85>]
   [1 rgbf <.65,.40,.0,.65>]
  }
 }
}

I'm not sure what slows the rendering down so much. I suspect it's the area
lights, as the media renders pretty fast. The My_Stone texture is also quite slow
rendering.

Thanks.