POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Povray Bug..?? : Povray Bug..?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:31:46 EDT (-0400)
  Povray Bug..??
From: Morpheus Dreamlord
Date: 6 Mar 1999 00:13:32
Message: <36E0B96F.C3717074@excite.com>
I think I've found a VERY annoying bug in Povray 3.1d (unless it's
already been found..LOL)

It occurs during parsing, and seems to happen after a number of #while
.... #end commands.

Povray errors out with a message that it can't understand what "-" (or
"d") is. It seems to skip about 20 odd characters after the #end, then
resumes parsing...  eg - (NOT real code, but came from a Titanic
animation I'm trying to do)

#end
#declare Tit-Hull=union{sphere

This will error out will a message about "p" (in sp*here) being
undefined.

As you can imagine, I now can no longer render some of my files.
Does anyone have version 3.1c anywhere?

--

Politicians are lying, cheating, thieving, underhanded, corrupt,
unethical, unprincipled, degraded, venal, money-grabbing,

Clean up the world !! Kill a politician today !!