POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Urban Dragon in 3D : Re: Urban Dragon in 3D Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Urban Dragon in 3D
From: Ken
Date: 5 Mar 1999 18:45:43
Message: <36E0760D.EC1A206D@pacbell.net>
Scott McDonald wrote:

> Ok, here's my attempt to make a more organic looking CGI dragon - based
> on my cartoon species of dragons.  Obviously this is just getting
> started, but I figured I'd post and see if anyone could give me some
> suggestion on how to model the arms so they're posable without looking
> like they're glued on...

  If you want to stick with pov primitives then blobs are probably the
most likely choice. They give you the advantage of being self sealing
on the outside but it does take a while to learn to control them.
There are no inexpensive blob modelers around that offer the features
needed to help much either. The only other option would be of course a
program that can manipulate meshes with elastic movement. These tend
to be rather expensive. I just recalled a program that you might take
a look at called elasticity. It might get you going in the right
direction. Price is right too - free.

http://www.flash.net/~drsledge/manual/manual.htm

--
Ken Tyler