POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : HF_LEAFS : HF_LEAFS Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:15:27 EDT (-0400)
  HF_LEAFS
From: Ken
Date: 5 Mar 1999 07:19:00
Message: <36DFD509.93580123@pacbell.net>
I have recieved requests for my notes on making 3D objects from 2D
 images using height fields. I'll be posting the training package in
 povray.binaries.tutorials. The zip file is a bit less than 500k because
 it contains example images plus the written text to try to make the
 process as clear as possible. I had to convert the .tga files that were
 in the package I sent ot Jim Kress because it was just too large to post
 here on the news group. Anyway the material posted in the tutorials groups
 shows how to make the leafs shown in this image using the HF object. It
 was an easy image example and if you can make a simple leaf like these
 you can easily graduate to bigger things like your mothers face, horses,
 or even statues of naked women/men.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net