POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I was better before... continued. : Re: I was better before... continued. Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I was better before... continued.
From: Spider
Date: 5 Mar 1999 00:03:34
Message: <36DF642F.87016253@bahnhof.se>
Anthony Bennett wrote:

> Hi everybody! I hope you're all having a good day.
Hope. so futile... argh. I've slept through another day... *sigh*

> I re-rendered from a
> different camera angle, increased the number and brightness of the lights and
> I added a light emanating from the pool. I think that needs adjustment. I
> wanted to consult you all before proceding as this render took well over 24
> hours. I might be willing to send to source to trust-worthy individuals (it
> might be you) who can find a way of speeding up the render.
now it is nice, but it feels so ... empty.. and the spotted floor, a bit too ..
Ahh, just so very regular...
try adding a "master" texture, a bozo is good, then use a texture_map with the
same texture inside, but with several different turbulence values, this will
give a better feel to the stone.

> I am thinking of changing it like this:
>
> a) adding a spotlight that penetrates through a hole in the roof (that is yet
> to exist) and cuts through some dust hovering in the dungeon but more
> precisely in the area above the pool, as to attract attention to it as a
> central point.
A very good idea, but it will increase the render time far more.

> b) puting torches on poles around a bigger pool, a curvier, more swimmable-in
> pool.
yes, also good.

> c) doing one of the above, adding a door somewhere on level 2, that would lead
> to a hallway that would join a castle, which I would have to create, and
> render for 5+ years until I have a 10 minute, 60 fps movie of the whole
> castle. (Can anyone spare a 1GHz processor, please?)
hey, I take that 1Ghz, you  skip the animation, ok ? *laugh*

> Anyway, please let me know how you feel I should continue. Thanks in advance
> to everyone. =)
try to turn off html...
it is a good idea, and I admire you for continuing on it, I generally don't.

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]