POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Radiosity : Re: Radiosity Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Mar 1999 23:27:18
Message: <36DF5CF1.BFB650B3@aol.com>
global_settings {
 assumed_gamma 2.4 //default 2.2, a lower value is brighter, higher
darker
 ambient_light <.9,.9,.9> //or just 0.9, lower darkens, higher lightens
 }

Not so sure you can keep contrast adjusted too well either way though,
adjusting 'diffuse' lower is a way to raise or lower the contrast when
specular highlights are changed along with it too (sounds like in your
case). It varies, but you'll most likely need to do a shifting of all
these based upon your desired output.
You mention 'radiosity', are you actually using radiosity?
Unfortunately there is no global diffuse, might make for a good addition
to the program.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV