POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Object Aura : Re: Object Aura Server Time
6 Sep 2024 02:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object Aura
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Mar 1999 23:02:31
Message: <36DF5721.3B524995@aol.com>
Red/blue glasses!? No way, they can be interesting novelty pictures but
not suitable for a good, true 3D, look of an image. Afraid the main
problem is to see the stereo pairs comfortably is to be quite a good
distance away from the monitor screen. The further the easier. And then
you see smaller pictures is the problem there. Nothing compares though
to seeing the raw image as it was rendered, other methods of 3D viewing
compromise something about the image, whether it be color or distortion.
Even the stereo pair method causes distortions due to slight changes
between renders of the individual images, most notably the pixelization
variances similar to 'jitter' being used in animations.
I only attempt this stuff, perfection is not available to me.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV