POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : spatch meshes : Re: spatch meshes Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: spatch meshes
From: Mike
Date: 4 Mar 1999 19:31:54
Message: <36DF24B8.1719A67F@aol.com>
There's two ways to get around the memory problems.  One is to change
the u_steps and v_steps to 3, 2 or even 1.  You'd have to run a find and
replace on the scene file though.

The other is to use patch_type 0, in which case POV will not divide the
patches when they are parsed.  It'll take longer to render but use less
memory.

-Mike