POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DALEKS (Dr Who) Comments wanted! : Re: DALEKS (Dr Who) Comments wanted! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DALEKS (Dr Who) Comments wanted!
From: Edward Wedig
Date: 4 Mar 1999 21:42:27
Message: <36DEFE57.7AA0506D@kreber.com>
Peter Houston wrote:

> Edward Wedig wrote in message <36DDC5A4.C4764302@kreber.com>...
> >I feel like there's something missing in this image, but I can't decide
> what....
> >

> Very nice, are these CSG's ?

Yep, the "Dr Who Technical Manual" was very helpful....

> Just a couple of suggestions :-
> 1. The "Eye" needs some kind of iris they all look blind with the solid grey
>    disk, maybe add some reflection to it.

It was supposed to be more of a white. I'll try something else to fix it.

> 2. The yellow lights on the head dome could do with being bigger.
> 3. I think that they should be looking in different directions from the way
>    they are facing. At present they look as if the head doesn't rotate.

True.

> 4. Why not have one Gold or White Dalek, if I remember correctly they were
>    higher rank.

Or the Red ones from the movies (old movies, not the modern Fox one...).

> 5. Davros would be nice, but maybe a little tricky to model :).

Yes, but maybe with a wrinkled normal....er...never mind. <G>

-Ed

--
Edward Wedig
aka Doc Brown