POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pieta - Original By Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni : Re: Pieta - Original By Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pieta - Original By Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni
From: Ken
Date: 4 Mar 1999 12:42:41
Message: <36DEC57C.4629E8F@pacbell.net>
Jim Kress wrote:

> POV by me using Ken Tyler's height field method.
>
> This is a work in progress but I thought this was good enough to solicit
> comments.
>
> Comments?  Suggestions?
>
> --
> Jim

  Looks to me like your getting the hang of it now. It's got a couple
of rough edges, mostly from the cropping stage, but you have a pretty
clean outline none the less. The arm of the lap person needs some
selective height work done.
   Thats where the tools in leveller come in handy. In particular the
area select tool to isolate just that area and the raise tool to
carefully raise it until it's flush with the the rest of the arm that
is now much higher than the low spot.
  I had several places like that on the fairies group. The problem with
that projet was I used a full color image to start with and the height
values were all over the place. It took a while but I finaly got it
where I wanted it. Keep it up and you can start telling me how it's
done. :)

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net