POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible : Re: Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible
From: smb
Date: 4 Mar 1999 10:31:00
Message: <36DEA528.933AC40@stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi smb, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > I sent a bug report concerning the TE not writing the path of a bitmap
> > for POV, will there be a maintenance release ....
> While I haven't looked at the bug report yet, it's probably not a bug.
> Did you use View|Dependencies in Moray before exporting? If so, did it
> bring up an error dialog about not finding a bitmap?
>
> - Lutz

No Lutz, I was simply creating a standard texture with an image map
and a bumpmap as normal, opened concerned folders and selected
the bitmaps with TE's browser, but TE's preview silently rendered black.
Checking in the read-only window for the code to the right, below the
preview window, in the TE, revealed, Moray was not adding any path
before the name of the bumpmap bitmap to use, so POV couldn't find it.
First I thought, clever, so POV's now got kind of a dir command, as both
bitmaps where the same and that I had done anything else wrong, but
exporting the scene and correcting the entry rendered fine.

smb