POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse(66k+ jpeg) : Re: Lighthouse(66k+ jpeg) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:22:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse(66k+ jpeg)
From: Spider
Date: 2 Mar 1999 20:45:02
Message: <36DC92AC.43930C6A@bahnhof.se>
Bob and Kelly Crispen wrote:

> Now tell the truth.  You got that monstrous Microsoft plugin from their
> free thingy that comes with FrontPage and installed it in PSP, right?
Ehh. I don't have FrontPage, but I must admit that I used PSP to save and shirnk
the image...

> If you seriously did it in POVRay, you've got a *lot* of explaining
> to do.
Hey, you know what? My GF has a scanner, I "borrowed" it and some postcards,
made some fairly big scans(2500pixels in width or so) and then went on with the
image maps..
I have a new image going here, with several Hf+image_map, and some reflective
and filtering objects in between, all pretty interesting.
This one also has a normal_map on the camera, a normal on the
heightfield(depending on the elevation, normal_map). I've also added a few other
things in the new ones, several transparent spheres and boxes in front of the
image, only breaking the light a bit for distortion. I'm generally having a fun
time with this. (oh, the image I use for a hf is 1.9mb as a jpeg...)

--
//Spider
( spi### [at] bahnhofse ) [ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]