POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : odd problem : odd problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:37:20 EDT (-0400)
  odd problem
From: Matt Giuer
Date: 27 Feb 1999 19:00:35
Message: <36D8B1CF.95436604@ij.net>
I have a rather complex scene (
http://members.aol.com/jull43/giants5a.jpg ) that takes either 3
or 9 hours to render. Using Win95 with 128M RAM and POV 3.1.
(333MHz, a quite fast HD but those should have nothing to do with
it.)

	The difference is that if I do a lot of other things while
waiting for renders including internet surfing. Now that sounds
reasonable but if I stop everything from working and disconnect
OR shut everthing down leaving only POV it takes the long time.

	If I reboot first, and then run POV only it takes the shorter
time.

	I have monitored RAM usage (for swap file slow downs) but it
never falls below 50Meg no matter what the conditions. I can see
fragmented RAM causing a little slow down but not 300%. Has
anyone else see this?
--
-=-=-=-
http://members.aol.com/jull43