POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help: Stem disc's inner ring structure : Re: Help: Stem disc's inner ring structure Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help: Stem disc's inner ring structure
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 26 Feb 1999 05:07:39
Message: <36D67266.2D520FAE@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Dieter Gaffrey wrote:

> GrimDude wrote:
>
> > Try moving the camera down the z axis slightly. <0,17,-.001> should do it.
> >

> Thank you, but pity that it was not the solution.???
>
> Dieter

Hi Dieter!

I guess that the problem arises from the fact that you create all rings
with one prism. The spline has to move from ring to ring and this causes
the problems.

I would suggest to you that you create a prism for each ring and that
you then use csg.

You have to subtract  ring 32 from ring 35, ring 31 from ring 30 ... and
so on. Be careful to make the subtracting ring higher than the other
ones like:

 prism {
   linear_sweep
   cubic_spline
   -0.1,
   1.1,

I hope this one helps. If you have further questions you can mail
directly so that I can help in german.

I made a example for ring 35 and ring 32 and attached them here.

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler
Institut fuer Computeranwendungen

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB) Download 'us-ascii' (2 KB)