POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible : Re: Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render started from within Moray about 20% slower than possible
From: Scott McDonald
Date: 25 Feb 1999 09:17:55
Message: <36D55BC5.45D5398A@metrolink.com>
Ken wrote:
> just adds to that burden. I wouldn't have a expected 20% difference but
> it's possible. You said you also for the second test left Moray open then

I noticed the same thing.  For my final Astronaut picture, the Gargoyle
and the various skulls I've been doing lately, I export to POV, close
Moray and render in POV when i'm ready for final(hah!) renderings.
Going through Moray was about 3x slower than just pov by itself.  Of
course, my stuff is all meshes which take forever for POV to parse, and
i'm doing off kilter aspect ratios which also seem to make moray much
slower.