POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soap Bubbles 2 : Re: Soap Bubbles 2 Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soap Bubbles 2
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Feb 1999 15:24:00
Message: <36D45FB3.FC20E784@aol.com>
Yeah, this is really neat. Looks like the bubble blower lost its soap
film though, can't make it out if there is a 'disc' there or not. If you
left one in maybe it needs enhancing over the other soup films, perhaps
a slight reflection of light showing in it.
Speaking of that, afraid the highlights might be too intense or wide
rather, wish I had mentioned that before. In all actuality what would be
best is a bright "area" with central full intensity and fading out at
edges, you would need a "ceiling" with point source light near to it.
And cut down the specular hilighting counting on more the reflection
instead. There's also too much refraction, to fake the hollowness you'd
have to lower the ior almost down to 1.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
 mailto:inv### [at] aolcom?PoV