POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 09:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 24 Feb 1999 15:13:09
Message: <36D45D28.CD203C55@aol.com>
Nice Darcy.
The "waves at the horizon" comment made earlier would be a matter of
artistic expression I think. But that beam definately is in need of
widening at the exit point of the lighthouse windows. Also a good
glowing object inside for the lens/source. Seeing that you have to go
through a framework in the windows an area_light will then be neccessary
too. If you can move that spotlight to the far side and manage it that
way it would rid that invisible point look it has.
Could be tricky if you try that, seeing it will be going through the
glass (very transparent, little filter color a must) of both window and
lens object.
Well, it's only suggestions.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe