POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Soap Bubbles : Re: Soap Bubbles Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:22:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Soap Bubbles
From: Tim Glover
Date: 24 Feb 1999 11:46:44
Message: <36D42D73.62DF@nettally.com>
I agree, a great pic.

I also agree on the intersection problem -- maybe a csg?

And any contact will be a plane - not just with other bubbles. So the
bubble on the ground would also be a hemisphere-ish thing.

Also, the bubbles look sorta solid - like glass spheres.  I can't
exactly say why.  Maybe the surface is too clear?  Bubbles often seem
just slightly swirly.  Or maybe it's an IOR thing -- there's some sort
of
refraction going on that just doesn't feel right.

I'm not trying to be super-critical -- it's a neat pic with nice
composition!  It could easily be Stunning with just a few tweaks.

Tim Glover
tgl### [at] nettallycom