POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lighthouse Scene : Re: Lighthouse Scene Server Time
5 Oct 2024 09:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lighthouse Scene
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 24 Feb 1999 02:52:18
Message: <36D3AFB1.916AE394@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Darcy Johnston wrote:

> Let's try that again and this time I'll even send the image. :)

Much much better. Now everything is brighter and I can see the horizon
in the back and ... oh ... some waves show over it.
I guess that from this point of view the horizon should be still a line.
This is a problem with heightfields. To solve this I use a plane under
the heightfield that stretches further where the hf ends so you get a
cleaner horizon.
OTOH you could just flatten the waves out at the border so it doesn't
look so drastic.

This pic is getting more and more atmosphere from posting to posting.
Makes me want to go back to the sea!

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler